Friday 12 July 2013

Shauna & Jeremy are Engaged! Captured by The Nickersons


There is something beautiful about The Nickerson's photography. This isn't the first time that we have featured their work, as we shared an engagement in our last issue, and in our first issue we shared one of their stunning weddings. The reason why? Because they get it right every time. 

The lighting is stunning, the couple is styled effortlessly, and the setting is always unique and always different. We love how Shauna and Jeremy approached their engagement: With a youthful energy that will truly stand the test of time in their marriage, if they keep playing bocce, keep exploring new places, and keep their love fresh, as seen in their photos.

Congratulations you two, and happy summer! The Nickersons are available for travel worldwide, and call Vancouver, B.C. home.

















FROM THE PHOTOGRAPHERS:


When we met with Shauna & Jeremy for the first time, we hit it off right away. They are both such personable, kind and fun people.
Honestly, there’s so much we can say about them: how much we enjoyed their sun-soaked engagement session, how we loved that they incorporated some of the things they like into the shoot (doughnuts? yes please!), how we could simply not take a bad picture of these two. Adding in a short water gun fight at the end was incredible too–just so fun, like them! The love between them is sweet, playful and it shines. I mean, we photographed the first part of their shoot in a parking lot! Haha! It goes to show that the love between a couple is enough–more than enough: perfection.
We shared Shauna & Jeremy’s photographs with them last night so they had a chance to see them first. Shauna posted a few of her favourites to Facebook and captioned one with a snippet of lyrics from a song I’m currently obsessed with: What I Wouldn’t Do By Serena Ryder. I feel like those lyrics really apply to the deep love that runs between them. It’s beautiful! Give Serena’s song a listen here while you go through their photographs.
Your love is like an ocean
that always takes me homeWhispering wind is blowingtelling me I’m not aloneYour love is like a riverthat I am floating downI’ve never been a swimmerbut I know that I’ll never drownI know that I’ll never drown
under different shades of blue
I’ve fallen in your water
forget everything I knew
Woah-oh-oh Woah 
Woah-oh-oh Woah
Woah-oh-oh Woah 
Oh what I wouldn’t do 
Oh what I wouldn’t do


The current grows stronger

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2013 The Refinery Magazine | Design By 2317studio | Powered By Blogger