Thursday 11 July 2013

Melissa & Jordan are Engaged, Captured by Shari & Mike Photographers


As summer continues to be glorious here on the westcoast so many couples are taking advantage of the fantastic weather we have been enjoying. Melissa & Jordan are no exception! With Shari & Mike Photographers in tow, they have captured some timeless and beautiful engagement photos. The lighting is perfect, the composition is stunning, and our hearts melt when we see how much love these two share... And they are getting married in just a few short days! Congratulations!

We are looking forward to our next issue, which is due on August 15th, and this will not be the first and last time you see work by Shari & Mike from us. Catch another engagement from these two in Issue III, coming to your online newsstand in just over a month! Shari & Mike are available for travel worldwide, and call Vancouver, B.C. home.


FROM THE PHOTOGRAPHERS:


A few months back we got an email from a Melissa asking about photography for her wedding. As with all our inquiries, we set up a coffee date with her to give us a chance to meet + chat about her big day. When we walked into the coffee shop I immediately saw a stunning red head sitting by herself + I had my fingers crossed that she was the Melissa we were meeting. Sure enough, it was + we were so excited when her + Jordan decided to book us to capture their special day. These two are quality people. Melissa is a kind soul, who is as sweet as pie, a talented dancer, and will one day make the most amazing teacher. Jordan is one big kid at heart, who doesn’t take life too seriously, and can easily make his future bride laugh. I am sure a typical day with these two would not be boring with Jordan around. We definitely had a lot of fun with Melissa + Jordan, taking photos at different spots around Kitsilano + finishing at Jericho Beach.
I love hearing how people met + I must say that these two have one of my most favorite stories.
“Jordan and I owe our relationship to a psychology class, an astrology website, and a box of Timbits… Really.
The September that we met, I was in the process of ending a relationship and had come across a website that said that I should only date a Pisces as they were my perfect astrological match. I jokingly said to the person next to me that I would only be dating Pisces from here on out. Jordan, sitting two seats down, leaned over and said “I’m a Pisces, want a donut?” I accepted his Timbit offer and after a few months of flirting we started dating.”
 
ADORABLE. Can’t wait to be a part of their wedding in just a few more sleeps :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2013 The Refinery Magazine | Design By 2317studio | Powered By Blogger