Tuesday 26 November 2013

Shirley & Manuel are Engaged!

Who doesn't love a good love story? Especially when the protagonists are cuties like these. Busting out jargon from English 11 seems entirely appropriate for two newlyweds that met in high school. 

Prepare to get your "awww" on with this Joshes Photography e-session, the sweet aftermath of a romantic boat cruise proposal.







He said:

Shirley and I met in the last years of high school, through mutual friends. Funny enough, I started speaking to her in order to find out if she was interested in my friend! Well, that turned out unexpectedly.

We dated long distance through university—a tough but valuable experience. Once I had finished university, after 5 years of dating, I spent the summer in Ottawa as Shirley completed a co-op term. Being on her home turf, I knew I would have no way to surprise her with a proposal, so we took a weekend trip to Montreal, supposedly to help me find an apartment for my master's degree. I arranged a fancy dinner boat cruise on the last night, and towards the end of the evening I gave her a journal in which I had been writing her messages for a year. The last page included my soppy proposal, which I then delivered along with an engagement ring. She said yes!


I love Shirley because of her incredible God-given tenderness. Her affections are wholly unfeigned and deeply sacrificial. On top of that, she's wonderful in many ways I'm just not. Though we are rather different people, I think we thrive off each other's different abilities and temperaments.


Our big day went very well, despite a desperate attempt from Vancouver rain to make an appearance. We were able to get our photos taken just as the rain subsided, and it gave us the added benefit of clearing out QE park of any visitors while we were there. We got married at Immanuel Baptist, our home church, before moving to the Heritage Hall on Main Street. We were all tears and smiles amidst a diverse but supportive group of friends and family. It was a wonderful first day of the rest of our lives.


___________

Total "awww" fest, but wait there's more... see here

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2013 The Refinery Magazine | Design By 2317studio | Powered By Blogger